Explore Off The Paved Path

As you may have heard, only 20% of the roads in the Okanagan are paved.  Dual sports – street legal, off-road worthy motorcycles – give us access to the other 80%.  If you ride a dual sport for the versatility, but have wanted to explore off the paved path, the V-Twin Dual Sport Workshop will get you started.

Day 1 Introduction to Dual Sporting

  • Riding Gear – focusing on the functional differences between street and off-road gear, what carries over, what doesn’t
  • The bike – adjustments, riding position, what to take with you
  • Riding – managing traction, adverse terrain, obstacles
  • Training may be offered in various locations in the Okanagan, Thompson, and Shuswap.

Day 2 – Exploring by Dual Sport

  • Places to go – staying legal, insurance requirements
  • Navigation – maps, GPS
  • Travel on logging roads and trails
  • Getting home safe
  • Starting and ending on pavement, but exploring a range of off-highway roads and trails.

You will need a licensed, off-road worthy motorcycle and appropriate riding gear.  Some street gear will work fine, but robust footwear that extends up the shin is a must. Don’t wear anything that can’t get dirty.  Call if you have any questions about the suitability of your gear.

Either day can be taken independently.  The cost for either day is $150, or $250 for both, plus GST.  This workshop will take place entirely outdoors, using roads and riding areas throughout the Okanagan, Thompson, and Shuswap.  There will be a designated meeting place, usually at a fuel up location, for each day, announced prior to the start of the course, and in a location that is convenient for the most participants.

To register, call V-Twin

Kamloops (250) 572-1490
Kelowna, Penticton (250) 764-7075
Salmon Arm, Vernon (250) 832-7088

Dual Sport

  • 2 days

Dual Sport

  • 1 day

Course Withdrawal and Refund Policy: refunds will only be issued if the student withdraws at least 48 hours prior to the start of the course. Refunds may be subject to a processing fee. After the commencement of the course, V-Twin Motorcycle Riding School Ltd. is obliged only to supply the balance of training.