Explore Off The Paved Path
As you may have heard, only 20% of the roads in the Okanagan are paved. Dual sports – street legal, off-road worthy motorcycles – give us access to the other 80%. If you ride a dual sport for the versatility, but have wanted to explore off the paved path, the V-Twin Dual Sport Workshop will get you started.
Day 1 Introduction to Dual Sporting
- Riding Gear – focusing on the functional differences between street and off-road gear, what carries over, what doesn’t
- The bike – adjustments, riding position, what to take with you
- Riding – managing traction, adverse terrain, obstacles
- Training may be offered in various locations in the Okanagan, Thompson, and Shuswap.
Day 2 – Exploring by Dual Sport
- Places to go – staying legal, insurance requirements
- Navigation – maps, GPS
- Travel on logging roads and trails
- Getting home safe
- Starting and ending on pavement, but exploring a range of off-highway roads and trails.
You will need a licensed, off-road worthy motorcycle and appropriate riding gear. Some street gear will work fine, but robust footwear that extends up the shin is a must. Don’t wear anything that can’t get dirty. Call if you have any questions about the suitability of your gear.
Either day can be taken independently. The cost for either day is $150, or $250 for both, plus GST. This workshop will take place entirely outdoors, using roads and riding areas throughout the Okanagan, Thompson, and Shuswap. There will be a designated meeting place, usually at a fuel up location, for each day, announced prior to the start of the course, and in a location that is convenient for the most participants.
To register, call V-Twin
Kamloops (250) 572-1490
Kelowna, Penticton (250) 764-7075
Salmon Arm, Vernon (250) 832-7088
- 2 days
- 1 day